Mongoose PRO ISO/CAN/KWP2000 for Volkswagen & Audi
Mongoose® ISO/CAN is a low-cost, high-performance vehicle network interface that connects a laptop directly to the OBD-II connector. Drew Technologies designed this Mongoose to be an affordable USB to CAN and USB to K-line interface for OEM engineering, development, enthusiasts, and hobbyists. As an SAE J2534 pass-thru device, the Mongoose ISO/CAN is designed for VW/Audi. If considering a J2534 device for other European or Asian models, you should look at the Mongoose® MFC model rather than the ISO/CAN.
The Mongoose ISO/CAN package includes:
- Mongoose® ISO/CAN vehicle interface
- Installation CD with device driver (J2534 compatible)
The Mongoose® ISO/CAN includes a J2534 driver and delivers full-speed (12mps) USB 2.0 performance. This version is compatible with most Volkswaken & Audi vehicles. Volkswagen OEM reflash software is available at eBahn Volkswagen of America. Please verify compatibility before ordering.
Features of the Mongoose ISO/CAN/KWP2000 (VW & Audi)
- Low cost, high performance pass-thru tool for use with PC
- USB Diagnostics tool for CAN and ISO9141 vehicles
- Simple packaging with electronics contained inside the cable.
- CAN Bus (capable of ISO 15765, GMLAN, J1939, and ISO14229)
- KWP2000 (ISO9141 / ISO14230)
- J2534 and J2534-1 compliant device driver
- Commercial Range (0 to +70 C)
- Dimensions: 3" x 1.75"
- Operating Voltage: Bus-powered by USB
- Host Interface: Full-speed 12 mbps USB 2.0 with J2534 device driver
What is SAE J2534?
SAE J2534-1 API is the "Recommended Practice for Microsoft Windows 32-Bit Application Programming Interface for Pass-Through Vehicle Reprogramming".
Vehicle manufacturers are required to provide a Windows software application for reprogramming their model year 2004 and beyond vehicles using a J2534-1 capable interface (e.g. Mongoose, CarDAQ-Plus, or CarDAQ-M). This standard and associated EPA requirements will give all vehicle service/repair facilities, not just dealers, the ability to perform in-field ECU software updates.
If you want hands on training on J2534, an engineer from Drew Technologies teaches SAE class C0733 "Understanding and Using the SAE J2534-1 API to Access Vehicle Networks". To learn about this class, email email@example.com.
In addition to reprogramming, J2534 supports diagnostics and calibration. The API provides protocol-independent functions to:
- Read and write messages
- Establish periodic messages
- Perform filtering, and assert ECU reprogramming voltages.
What vehicles will the Mongoose ISO/CAN/KWP2000 work with?
As an SAE J2534 Pass-Thru device, this version is compatible with most Volkswaken & Audi vehicles. Volkswagen OEM reflash software is available at eBahn Volkswagen of America. Please verify compatibility before ordering.
As an OBD-II Scan Tool interface, this cable will work with any ISO/CAN (European & Asian) vehicle that is OBD-II compatible. See our OBD-II software applications ScanXL and PCMSCAN for compatible scan tool functions.